Terms and conditions of using RBRF website
RBRF, Rural Bengal Biospheric Research Foundation ("RBRF" or “we” or “us”) is committed to protecting your privacy and would like to ensure that you get information, content and experiences that matter to you the most while you navigate rbrf.in website (the "Site").
Google Analytics – we use Google Analytics to collect data about the Website’ usages. This data does not include personal information.
YouTube – The Website integrates components of YouTube. When you view a video on RBRF website(s), YouTube and Google gain knowledge of what specific sub-page of the website was visited by you. If you are also logged in your YouTube account, this information is collected by YouTube and Google and assigned to your respective YouTube account as well.
Donations to RBRF
When you donate to RBRF via the RBRF website, your personal and payment information is stored in databases of PayUmoney. This storage capacity and the donation technology is provided by PayUmoney itself. The collected personal and payment related information as well as communication preferences are recorded by RBRF in compliance with applicable law. RBRF may use the collected data in anonymous form, to optimize or improve its own services, but not to contact a donor directly or to pass on data to third parties.
The Terms and Conditions of RBRF Website might be changed from time to time and will be updated on this page.
Changes to these Terms and Conditions
RBRF may update these Terms and Conditions from time to time, at any time without notice to you, by posting such changes on the Website. RBRF encourages you to periodically review these Terms and Conditions to be informed of how RBRF is protecting your information. Your continued use of this Website following the posting of changes to this Policy will mean you accept those changes. The Terms and Conditions apply to all persons who access the Website (hereafter referred to as “User” or “Users” or “you”).
Copyright and Use of Materials
Most of the contents and other materials of this Website is owned by RBRF, except few photographs which RBRF do not have the copyright but used from the internet as identical ones. Images may not be reproduced in any form without the explicit written permission of RBRF. You agree to not alter or remove any copyright symbol or other identification concerning authorship of any of the material contained on or otherwise made available to you from this Website. Exceptions: Any image that is credited with the term “CC BY” (“Creative Commons Image”) is licensed under creative commons. In essence, you are free to copy and communicate Creative Commons Images for all non-commercial purposes, as long as you provide attribution to the author and abide by the license terms as provided under the Creative Commons License. Please note that in case of inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and the Creative Commons License, these Terms and Conditions will prevail. Textual Content can be reproduced for all non-commercial purposes as long as you provide attribution to the author / IUCN and original source. Videos can be shared via the Youtube link. However videos may not be reproduced in any other form without the explicit written permission of RBRF. Third Party Copyright: To the extent that copyright subsists in a third party it remains with the original owner and written permission shall be required to reuse the material.
Interactive Areas and User Materials
This Website may include blogs, User-generated content or other interactive areas or services (“Interactive Areas”), in which you or other Users create, post or store any content “User Materials”. You are solely responsible for your use of such Interactive Areas and use them at your own risk. By using any Interactive Areas, you agree not to post, upload to, transmit, distribute, store, create or otherwise publish through the Website any of the following:
- User Materials that are unlawful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, indecent, lewd, suggestive, harassing, threatening, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, abusive, fraudulent or otherwise objectionable;
- User Materials that would constitute, encourage or provide instructions for a criminal offense, violate the rights of any party or otherwise create liability or violate any local, state, national or international law;
- User Materials that may infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual or proprietary right of any party;
- User Materials that impersonate any person or entity or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
Promotions, advertising or solicitations;
Viruses, corrupted data or other harmful, disruptive or destructive files; and User Materials that, in the sole judgment of RBRF, are objectionable or which restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the Interactive Areas or the Website, or which may expose RBRF or its Users to any harm or liability of any type. RBRF is not liable for any statements, representations or User Materials in any Interactive Area. Although RBRF has no obligation to screen, edit or monitor any of the User Materials posted in any Interactive Area, RBRF reserves the right, and has absolute discretion, to remove, screen or edit any User Materials posted or stored on the Website at any time and for any reason without notice. Any use of the Interactive Areas or other portions of the Website in violation of the foregoing violates these Terms and may result in, among other things, termination or suspension of your rights to use the Interactive Areas and/or the Website.
RBRF does not claim ownership of User Materials. Unless we indicate otherwise, you grant RBRF a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such User Materials on or in connection with the Website and other RBRF promotional materials. By posting or submitting User Materials to any Interactive Areas or other portions of the Website, you grant RBRF the right to use the name that you submit in connection with such User Materials.
You represent and warrant that:
- You own and control all of the rights to the User Materials that you post or you otherwise have the right to post such User Materials to the Website;
- The User Materials are accurate and not misleading and use and posting of the User Materials you supply does not violate the Terms and Conditions and will not violate any rights of or cause injury to any person or entity.
- RBRF, Rural Bengal Biospheric Research Foundation with its headquarter located at Kolkata as the data controller is responsible for the processing of your personal information.
If you are under 18, be sure to obtain your parent's or guardian's permission before you access the Website. We encourage parents to get involved with their children's use of the internet and to be aware of the activities in which they are participating.
If you use forms on the Website to provide information, register interest, or purchase publications, the information you provide will not be used for purposes other than that for which it was provided.
- We seek feedback from our Users in order to improve the service offered by the Website. However, you agree not to use the Website to transmit any material that is unlawful, harmful, defamatory, abusive, threatening, vulgar or obscene.
- We record the feedback in a database. The information received will only be used for the purpose for which it was requested and will not be distributed further, or disclosed, without your consent.
- This Website provides information free of charge for the benefit of the public. We monitor the quality of the information available on the Website and update the information regularly.
- We do not guarantee, and accept no liability whatsoever arising from or connected to, the accuracy, reliability, currency or completeness of any material included on the Website or on any linked external sites.
- We recommend that Users exercise their own skill and care with respect to their use of the Website and that Users carefully evaluate the accuracy, currency, completeness and relevance of the material on the Website for their purposes.
- The material on the Website may include views or recommendations of third parties which do not necessarily reflect the views of RBRF or indicate its commitment to a particular course of action.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold RBRF harmless from and against any claims, losses, liabilities and/or damages made or sustained by third parties arising out of or related to your conduct, your use or inability to use the Website, your breach or alleged breach of these Terms and Conditions or of the terms of the Creative Commons License, or your violation of any other rights.
Governing Law, Disputes
- Any dispute, controversy or claim arising under or pursuant to these Terms and Conditions shall be settled by mutual agreement between RBRF and the User.
- If RBRF and the User are unable to reach agreement amicably, the dispute, controversy or claim shall be submitted to the competent courts of Laws, Kolkata only. The applicable law shall be Indian Law.
If you have any questions about any of these Terms and Conditions please contact us at:
S-10 Golders Green Complex
Kaikhali, VIP Road, Kolkata
Pin Code -700052